Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New Tiny House

It has taken a while to get around to posting about the new house.  I will start with pictures from her arrival.  My Elm arrived on February 18th, 2015.  And then it became "hurry up and wait"!  Wait for the bed to arrive, wait for the mobile home park to open another sewer access.  I couldn't find a 30/50 Amp adapter ANYWHERE on north Whidbey - ended up having to go to Mount Vernon for one!

I like to call the picture above "Mother and Daughter".  Isn't that the cutest screen door?  The following pictures were all taken on arrival day.




Here are James and Mike from Tumbleweed.  They did a great job getting her safely from Colorado to Washington!


The Kitchen all shiny and new.





 I had a custom barn door put on my closet since my Murphy bed would be going in along this wall.  A good thing, too!  As you'll see later, it's a tight fit!





I did not opt for the heat pump offered by Tumbleweed - I dislike the noise and the air blowing on me.  Instead, I asked Tumbleweed to install what I have been using for the last five years in my other house - an Envi convection wall heater.  Silent, efficient and small.  You can see it below the window.






Looking towards the front door.  Nice and bright.
 On February 20th, the bed arrived!!




Assembling the large pieces of the Murphy bed.  I had it custom made by Organized Spaces in Seattle.  Two great guys came out to install it.


It took nearly 6 hours to for the guys to put that baby together!











My office/kitchen table folds down for use and up for sleeping or when I just want more space.

This is how it looks with the bed open (this was taken in
 May).  Stormy likes the bed, too!
















Here are the nice fellows who worked so hard installing my bed.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment